04 kx250f

Pavement Sucks - Tech, General, Misc Talk

04 kx250f

Postby Hymiller926 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:12 am

I have a 04 kx250f when trying to start it I have to hold the hot start and kick it a few times before it starts. Once it starts i have to continue to hold the hot start till it warms up. I have taken the carb apart, cleaned and blow it out with air hose. Still have the same problems. Don't know if it has anything to do with but also when i go in to turns sometimes the bike loses all power. Almost stalling . Any ideas would would help greatly.
Hymiller926
CWR Tidbit

Re: 04 kx250f

Postby cwr greg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:22 pm

if you cleaned the carb, and the jeting specs were fine before.

then clean the air filter, if thats good, not over oiled then
check the spark plug, it may be worn out, replace with a new one, if thats good then
check your fuel switch, fuel flow ok? if good then
how about the fuel itself? md has some bad ehtanol fuel over there, it will just not burn right, hard to start and lack of power.
see if it is green and has a funny smell to it, if so go and get some good gas from a shell,exxon up here in pa and try it

if all that is good, then its time for a leak down test to determine if the valves or piston are going bad, lack of compression.
maybe time for a rebuild. but i would guess at the fuel first.
greg
cwr is world class, powerful, realiable motors. period.
cwr greg
The One With The Power

Postby Hymiller926 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks Greg
I raced a few weeks ago at Happy Ramblers and pulled both hole shots. When it is warmed up it runs great. Getting it to that point is the hard part. It will start in three or four kicks but I have to hold in the hot start and it seems to run better when i have the hot start in. Also when it is at idle and i crack the throttle it bogs down but when i hold in the hot start it revs right up. Hoping it is all one problem. What do you think ?
Hymiller926
CWR Tidbit

Postby cwr greg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:00 am

i would take a closer look at the pilot jet and passege, if they are partly clogged it will do that. wont run right and shut off when giving throttle,
also when putting thru the pit area , just above idle does it surge and pop?
if so then its pilot jet and air screw related.

the air screw orings go bad from time to time. they should go in like this,
air screw,spring,washer and then oring.
sometimes the oring gets folded or cracked and you cant get a clean idle

make sure your choke plunger is not bent as well, sometimes they bend and can have the choke slightly on.

are you going to ramblers this weekend? im only 5 minutes from there. i will have the race trailer there but i will be at the shop on saturday till 2 then i will stop out for a bit.
greg
cwr is world class, powerful, realiable motors. period.
cwr greg
The One With The Power

Postby Hymiller926 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:08 pm

hi Greg, no not going to make it up this weekend. I will check out the carb again and let you know, may drop it off and have you look at it if i dont figure it out.
Thanks for all you help.
Hymiller926
CWR Tidbit

Return to Dirtbikes