HF Tire Patch Kit

Feedback and Reviews on Parts and Accessories

Re: HF Tire Patch Kit

Postby Mojave Magic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Here's a shot of a deflated ball next to my hand for reference. You inflate them to around 10psi and let them sit for a while. They should be around 5 inches at this point Then air them down and put between 11 and 13 in the fronts and 22 in the rear. Air them up to around 5psi each. It works best with a tire ball pump, but I used a bike pump with a gauge. You also want to inflate them evenly as you go around.

I'll probably take them apart this winter to clean and relube them, so I will try and get decent pictures if I'm not up to my elbows in slime.
Attachments
0809112020-00 (Medium).jpg
0809112020-00 (Medium).jpg (52.29 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
2001 Mojave with a few goodies.

2002 Mojave race prepped with some of everything.

www.riders4christ.com
www.heavyequipmentforums.com
Mojave Magic
CWR Team Member

Postby cwr greg » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:26 pm

how did they fell when runing them at high speeds? any wobble or was the ground to bumpy and no noticable difference?
greg
cwr is world class, powerful, realiable motors. period.
cwr greg
The One With The Power

Postby Mojave Magic » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

No difference at all. They are supposed to feel a little bad when one pops, but hopefully I don't get that for a while. I raced up near Unadilla this last Saturday and the track was way beat up. Fronts are still holding air fine between the patch and balls. I did hit 4th and 5th gear on a few of the smoother stretches and everything still felt good. I have the exact setup in the front as a bunch of other riders, so unlike most of my home made stuff, this one was pretty well tested. I know of at least one GNCC pro running these in the front too.

I was running a decent pace and on the 3rd lap started catching a few people that stated to fade. I was all over this guy on a 450R for half a lap and he wouldn't move. He looked back too, so maybe his pride wouldn't let a Mojave by. I finally got around and passed another guy that I had gone back and forth with on a KTM, but later caught root and stalled it bad in a rutted out little hill. My knee hit the kill switch, which I didn't find until kicking for a while. It still wouldn't start and that's when I found the choke also got turned on. I just watched all the previous people going by while I tried to get refired. Came through scoring real close to the 2 hour mark and got a white flag. With 11 miles of destroyed track ahead, I pulled off, since I was alone and had to drive 2.5 hours home. Ended up 11th out of 13 and one more lap wouldn't have changed anything.
2001 Mojave with a few goodies.

2002 Mojave race prepped with some of everything.

www.riders4christ.com
www.heavyequipmentforums.com
Mojave Magic
CWR Team Member

Previous

Return to What Worked and What Sucked